Sunday 27 February 2011

Idea Evolution

Hey followers, hope you are all well.

I was just here, minding my own business script writing when I had a small development. As you probably know I've been having massive trouble with creating all of these 'innuendo' type things to go at the end of my animation, e.g. burger sauce for blood, t-bone steaks carved from the monster etcetcetc. However I haven't ever really liked this, but I needed something to throw out there, and here is the second development of that idea:

There will be no big innuendo. Instead, it will be a group of male warriors, sat around a campfire sharing stories of there 'coming of age' which in this village, is slaying a big monster. So they go around, and it comes to a set of warriors who are stars of a well known tale, which the men want to hear again. The warriors tell their story, searching the lands (same as the old idea) until they return home, empty handed (but the audience will know they have been to this big town and hired a guy to be in a suit and fight them) when all of a sudden the town is attacked by a monster! So the three valiant warriors take up their swords and slay the beast, saving the village, becoming men.

I think this may be slightly better in terms of a well structured narrative, it will keep the idea of a V.O. telling the story, and the idea that the find some kind of town, but the innuendos are scrapped, and becomes slightly more tongue and cheek, will a nice little exciting/funny battle at the end.

In other news I saw a really nice 3D animation about a Viking trying to make his way to Valhalla which put a smile on my face. Check it out! Much love X


The Saga Of Biorn from The Animation Workshop on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment