Thursday 24 February 2011

Story Development/Story Boards/Story Theory?

Hello again at the end of week 5,

So this week I've been racking my brain (and friends) of what items I could include at the end of my animation, since this is really the big pun (why do I always make my animations ride on one big pun?) and the more I have the longer it will be, since length may also be an issue. As well as this I have begun to write a script as the entire piece will be voiced, though I do not know who by yet, maybe me with effects...

On top of this I did begin making story boards, then thought, how do you story board something which you don't even know the whole story yet? And so I stopped. However at least even if they get deleted they're a step in the right direction. As well as this I have begun to look into theory surrounding narrative structure and storytelling so that I am able to adapt these techniques to create a successful story for which to base my animation.

See I wasn't thinking of this film whilst conjuring my idea for this project, however it has been made aware to me that my animation rolls along the same tracks as this film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368447/synopsis which I mean, its a pretty good watch, not great though. Even so if you have seen it or have just spoiled the big twist for yourself you can see the similarities.

My reading week is the following week (week 6) and my aim is to have:
-A finished script.
-Story boards (not necessarily finished)
-More of an idea of how this will all look, so some concept art etc
-A good idea of who is going to be voicing the piece, possibly even recorded but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm also looking into lip syncing in after effects, but I know already how painfully horrible its going to be to do. I imagine it will look similar to how South Park does their lip syncing, but we shall see. Maybe a tester soon? Who knows, in the mean time, take care. X

No comments:

Post a Comment