Monday 4 April 2011

Posting from the grave.

Hey guys, little work has been done over the last few weeks as i have been working hard on my dissertation, which is finished now (bar binding and handing in) so that pretty sweet, think I did some good work so.
The work I have been doing every now and then when I get a spare moment from life is research into what makes a good trailer, or just generally the structure which most trailers follow. I looked at around 5 or so and found the structure to be pretty obvious. Heres what I took from it.

Trailers are split into 5 sections;
1/5- Contains information surrounding the setting, and an introduction to the main characters and the current affairs in the world.
2/5- Outline all current issues in terms of the characters and their goals.
3/5- There should be a large amount of suspense, or a slowing down of the trailer here, possibly outlining a change within the film.
4/5- This should be action packed with a lot of quick cutting and any extra information needed by the audience.
5/5- The climax of the action and a possible insight to the ending (not the ending of the narrative, simply the pinnacle point e.g the 'boss')

So yeah, thats what I took from looking at 2min-2:30min trailers, and I think its pretty spot on. I have a rough outline of how my narrative will fit into this schema, but I'm sure you can imagine for now how it would do so. Even so my current thoughts are to make the trailer light hearted, but not quite funny as I wont be able to pull it off, and there is nothing more awkward than watching something trying to be funny.
See ya soons babs. X

No comments:

Post a Comment